Saturday, January 14, 2012

Source of Some Excitement

We have been working on our basement since about 2 weeks before Christmas. My husband framed, insulated, and drywalled the room out for a playroom. We then painted the room and my husband finished the trim and all the details. The carpet was put in this morning, and the couch was delivered this afternoon. My husband is picking up the tv as we speak. I can't wait to get to the craft store and pick up all my supplies for the decor or the room. I have always wanted to decorate a playroom for my children. As we were sitting down there tonight after dinner watching my daughter play, I had a moment of sadness. There should be 3 little babies laying down there with us, cooing, smiling, babbling. I miss them so. The playroom is beautiful, my family is beautiful, but there will always be 3 missing pieces.

I'll leave you with a few pics of the process:


First coat of paint

view of other side of room


finished all but decor

the other view

my baby playing with her doggie and enjoying her new play space

0 comments: