Saturday, January 28, 2012

January Shmanuary

Yesterday = not a good day.


Not only did I find out that my splint was on wrong and needed to adjust my broken ankle to put the cast on, I got my period. TMI? Well, not if you read this journal. It's all about my journey, and my journey is currently consisting of trying to get pregnant. Turns out, I may have ovulated on my own. I did get my period on my own. That's the second time since I have the triplets. Is that a good thing? Depends on who you ask. I could be getting a period without ovulating. My hormones aren't helping my doctors understand anything. I was supposed to call my fertility dr when I got my period, or if I didn't by the end of the month. I was distracted yesterday. So, I'll call Monday to find out what we do now. I predict more blood work to see where my hormones are at...and then doing the injectables now that we have a fresh starting point....IF we have a fresh starting point.

Do you know how hard it is to shower with a broken ankle you can't put pressure on? Baths, I hate baths...but it looks like they will be my new best friend for the next month. I got out of the shower tonight and landed on my cast. OUCH! Then my leg swelled right up, my toes turned purple and swelled right up, and my plan to be done with the vicodin and naproxen ended. I quickly ate something so I could take my meds. SO.MUCH.PAIN! I will not be showering anymore.

I am ready for this month to be over, and February now too on that note. I want my ankle healed and this cast off. This is going to be a long 4 weeks. I can't believe it's only been 3 days! I'm going nuts with not being able to do anything. The worst is not being able to put my daughter to bed. It's bringing back terrible memories of when I was pregnant and had all these same restrictions. At least I could walk though. Let's just say, my butt is going to be soooo tight, and my arms are going to be so formed by the end of these 4 weeks. I am a fatty to be dragging around, and I am so incredibly sore! My underarms, my hips, thighs, butt...so sore!

Is it March yet!?

1 comments:

Connie said...

I had a shower chair when I was pregnant with the triplets to make it easier on me. Maybe something like that will help. I can't imagine how frustrating this whole thing must be.