...who knows me inside and out. She's quiet when I need to be quiet. She's funny when I need a laugh. She's wise when I need advice. I don't have to say what I'm thinking or feeling, and she knows exactly what is on my mind and my heart.
Recently, she made me a mix CD. It was full of songs about heaven, and God meeting you where you are at, and the beautiful thing that is when you allow Jesus to take over. The very things that I need to be pouring into my spirit constantly. She knows how much I am intrigued with heaven, you could even say obsessed with as of late. She got me a book that I have been wanting to read about heaven, and I never even said anything to her about it.
Tonight, I was upset. I was the "crazy lady" wandering Wegman's with tears in my eyes. It seemed like today, everywhere I turned my head something reminded me of the triplets. I always have them on my mind. Always. And it built up inside me today. Tonight, I had to run to the store to pick up a few things we were running out of and as I was walking through the store, there was an entire end cap dedicated to NutterButter Bars. I stopped. I haven't eaten them since I was pregnant. I can't bring myself to eat those or HO HO's. Not without a lot of tears I'm sure.
I stopped and took a picture.
I sent it to my friend.
No words, no explanation.
Just a picture.
She responded with telling me she wants to get together to eat a box of Nutter Butter's and talk about the triplets while looking at their pictures. I cried a little. I love that she knows exactly what I am thinking without me having to say a word.
I have a friend...and she is the best!





1 comments:
You, my friend, got me through the deepest darkest moments of my life so far. So for that i thank you and only hope that I can be that for you at the very moment you need it. Love you forever and ever.
Glad we can go through life being skinny together :)
Post a Comment