Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The one where i didn't meet my goal

No, I did not blog yesterday. I didn't even realize it until today. It's not even 1 month into this whole "I'm going to blog every day this year"...and I failed. I'm a failure. (I'm totally not serious about the whole "I'm a failure" thing...so don't worry. You don't have to call in the troops).

My daughter has a "horrific" ear infection. That's right folks. Go big or go home. That's our motto in our home. If you can't have something HUGE wrong, then just don't bother. Last Thursday she came down with a head cold. Daddy gave it to her as he was just wrapping up his week long battle with it. So Thursday night my daughter was up for hours in the middle of the night. Clutching me, crying, not letting me put her down. We slept standing up leaning on a wall at some point I think. I just thought she couldn't breath. Nasty green snot was running from her nose. Sneezes sent my husband and I running from the other side of the house to clean up the HUGE mess of snot that came with it. Friday night, up again. Saturday night, again. Sunday we decided to stay home from church because she still had a bad cold. I don't like when people take their sick kids to nursery. **seriously people, your mansion isn't going to be bigger because you don't miss church even when your kid is sick!!** I hate when I take my daughter to the nursery and there are a handful of kids with neon green snot coming out of their noses. I can almost bank on the fact that in 7 - 10 days, my daughter WILL be sick. So, I don't bring my child when she's sick. It means we miss a lot of church in the winter, but thankfully, I have the ability to watch my church online. She needs to be home when she's sick, taken care of by her mommy and/or daddy. OK, bunny trail over. Anyways, she woke from her nap on Sunday, a brief 40 min nap, crying and holding her ear. She would point to her ear and start saying "ow" and scream/cry. Great timing. Sunday afternoon. I can do nothing. I gave her Motrin and Tylenol every 3 hours. Monday morning I called the dr to make an appointment with her pediatrician. I had other things I needed to go over with her, so I figured I would kill about 7 birds with 1 stone. They made our appointment for 11am. It was 8. My child was screaming. When she refused M&M's (her FAVORITE) for a calming bribe, I new I couldn't wait. I packed her up and went in for walk-ins. We got there at 9 on the dot. We were there until 11 I might add. 11am. AND I didn't get to see her dr. That sucked royally. The nurse practitioner we did see was thorough though, so I am thankful for that. I described how very odd it seemed that since the beginning of October my daughter has been sick with one thing or another. I asked if this was normal. "No, absolutely not" was her answer. Awesome. At least you know how to keep a worried parent from freaking OUT! We went on to go over everything she's had since October, her symptoms this time, and then she barely looked in my daughters ear and said "Wow, that looks horrific". Did I mention this lady has a gift with words? She looked her over and pointed out the "rash" on her face that I have addressed every time I go to the dr's office and no one's been able to reassure me of what exactly it is. I'll get back to that. She then gives my daughter numbing drops in her ear, chewable Amoxicillin, and Advil. We started talking about the rash at this point. I told her it's been there since she's been a baby. That the dr's have said it was broken blood vessels from crying or throwing up, etc. My daughter SCREAMED as a baby. A lot. All day. And she threw up a lot too from her severe acid reflux. So I bought it. But lately, she doesn't cry, she hasn't thrown up in months....and it's still there. STILL THERE! So, I want answers. She asked if my daughter has eczema. I told her yes, patches all over her body. They are bad in the winter and seem to go away through the summer. She told me that those patches on her face were a form of eczema. There is apparently 3 or 4 kinds, and she has at least 2 of them. Like I said....go big or go home. It's just what we do.

ALL that to say, I didn't blog yesterday. I didn't have time. Taking care of my daughter who clutches her ear, won't sleep, and won't stop crying in pain, still maintaining my house, making meals, doing diapers/laundry...then as soon as my husband walked in the door yesterday, I walked out to put in a few hours at work so I wouldn't be terribly behind...I crashed when I got home. We ate, we ran around being silly with my daughter who started perking up, and we went right to bed. After watching Grey's Anatomy of course (that's a post for another day).




ABBY UPDATE:


She seems to be doing well. Smiling, mom got to hold her.

Keep praying for a speedy, painless as possible recovery.

Pathology reports still out.

1 comments:

Julie said...

Love the friends reference.
Hope your sweet girl feels better soon.