Stay close by My side,
Keep your eyes on Me,
Though this life is hard,
I will give you perfect peace.
In this time of trial,
Pain that no one sees,
Trust me when I say,
I will give you perfect peace.
And you'll never walk alone.
And you'll never be in need.
Though I may not calm the storms around you,
You can hide in Me.
Burdens that you bear,
Offer no relief.
Let Me bear your load,
Cause I will give you perfect peace.
Stay close by My side,
And you'll never walk alone.
Keep your eyes on Me,
And you will never be in need.
Though this life is hard,
Know that I will always give you perfect peace.
I will give you perfect peace...
- Laura Story- "Perfect Peace" -
Playing over and over again today in my head, on my computer, in my car. Everywhere I am, this song is pouring over me. I need perfect peace. The peace that only comes from the One who is Perfect Peace.
Ever have a day that you just can't find that peace? That life piles up and things pile up. You feel like you are dealing well, conquering issues that you come across each day...big or small. You feel like things are going well, and then...out of no where....you feel like somehow you lost that peace you had?
I don't think I've misplaced it. I don't think it's left. I think that the enemy, the one who steals, kills and destroys (John 10:10) is trying to cover it up so that I feel the waves of overwhelmingness (not a word, I know) and the waves of anxiety that I know too well. (Ephesians 6:12) I know my battle isn't with anything tangible on this earth. It's between the One who created me and loves me to the ends of the earth, and the one who wants to deceive me that the God of the universe has abandoned me. They war for my heart....and it's up to me who I let win each battle. It's up to me to choose peace each day. It's a hard choice. When you are angry, upset, feeling abandoned, it's hard to choose the truth. But when I do, that's when this perfect peace flows and I know who won that battle.
Sometimes, there aren't any battles going on that I'm aware of. And sometimes, it's every few minutes I have to choose this peace. Today, this moment, I'm choosing perfect peace.





0 comments:
Post a Comment