Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Penis or Vagina?

On Thursday September 20th my husband, my daughter and I got to see the new baby through ultrasound, and find out the gender. I was so anxious leading up to this appointment. I couldn't wait to find out what we were having and to just start feeling like we were that much closer to being able to bring this baby home. The tech didn't waste time and in less than 2 minutes after that gross warm gel was smeared on my belly she said "It's a BOY!" Clear as day, my well-endowed little man was showing off his junk. All my girls have been modest, hard to tell, took a while to find out...all my boys (with the exception of Nathan because of there being no fluid) were waving it around, or showing it with pride. Such men :o)

Without wasting any time everything else looked great. Claire kept insisting she was having a sister (which up until that point she insisted she was having a brother. typical. Just wants opposite of what mommy says). We went to the car relieved and ready to count down a few more weeks until we were more safe with this pregnancy. 

My husband got in the car, turned the key, and said "what do you think of doing his room in a car theme, like real cars and parts hanging from the wall?" He was beaming from ear to ear. He could feel it, taste it, embrace that he was having a son. One that he could bring home and raise and do "father/son" things with. Who am I to burst his bubble with my pessimism and uncertainty that instead of decorating a bedroom, we'd be making another shelf for an urn and this baby's belongings? Terrible, I know. It's just where I'm at. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, I'm planning, I'm buying things....BUT, I am keeping all the receipts. I don't trust my body, and I really don't trust the whole pregnancy and delivery safely thing. out of 4 children, only 1 can I kiss and rock and hold on this earth.

We decided on the name Dominic Anthony. His name means "belonging to the Lord", and "highly praiseworthy". And that he does and is.

Can't wait to meet this little man. To feel his breath on my cheek and to kiss his warm pink toes and lips.

3 comments:

Heather said...

awww!! congrats on your little man. Love his name. Many continued prayers.

Mom2boys said...

Yeah! So Excited for you! Little boys are so much fun! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! for a heathly lil BOY!!! SO extremely happy for you (and your hubby)!!! And cute name.