what my daughter thinks about as she lays in bed. I have been blessed with a child who loves to go to bed, and loves her crib. She sometimes picks her crib over snuggling mommy or daddy (which makes us sad). Every night, and some nap times, she will lay in her crib after her normal routine of stories, prayer, milk and snuggles and look up at the ceiling and stare. Just stare. Her eyes are wide open. She doesn't move. She doesn't play. She stares. I wonder if she's thinking about her day. I wonder if she highlights all the good parts and remembers how she felt. I wonder if she thinks about the love she is given all day, the hugs, the kisses, the "i love you's". I wonder if she thinks about what she would have done with her brothers and sister. I wonder if she thinks about the trouble she will try to get into the next day, or a new task she might try to master. I love watching her on the monitor. I wonder if when she is 12 I will still be able to watch her on the monitor, and see her staring at the ceiling at the end of the day. I wonder if she will still reflect on her day, still know how loved she is. I wonder if when I ask her "Dolly, what are you thinking when you lay in bed at night?", she will answer "I'm thinking about God, and all the love He shows me throughout the day in all the people that surround me". That's what I pray she will say, because that's what I pray she knows. Nothing but love. Nothing but a grace and peace at the end of each day. I wonder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment