Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Blog Award?



UPDATE: so the links didn't work the way i researched how to do it. anyone wanna clue me in on how to do it? Told you I didn't do this blog thing for more than journaling/sharing!






Ok, so I have never done something like this...and obviously, never received an "award" before. I do this for a journal for myself, and to hopefully reach out to at least one person to show them how great our God is, and how human a "christian" is. I don't have many who read this, and if many do, they don't comment and I don't know about it. It's fun though, and so I am going to attemt to do this because who doesn't need a little fun in their lives? I sure do lately!



Heather @ A Litte Hope in My Pocket (http://alittlehopeinmypocket.blogspot.com/) nominated me for this award. Thanks Heather! Great name :o) She is a fellow babyloss mama as well as struggles with infertily and is open and blogs about her journey. She lost her son Isaac Benjamin in April of this year to a similar story to mine. Infection, premature labor, and Isaac was born alive for a short time. He is beautiful, and I know he's playing with my children in heaven right at this moment. I couldn't even tell you how I came across her blog...there are so many I found after our loss that have encouraged me and I began to follow. She has a beautiful spirit from what I can tell :o) If I never meet her on this side of heaven, I KNOW we will meet one day and spend a wonderful eternity as friends, with our beautiful babies.


So the way this award works is that those awarded tell 7 things about themselves that others may not know. Then, they pass the award onto 15 other bloggers that you want yourself and others to know more about!



7 Things you may not know about me:



1. I met my husband on MySpace (pre facebook times). After he messaged me and I was not so nice, ok, down right rude and standoffish in my reply back to him, he STILL persisted. I swore I would never do the whole "meet someone online" thing. Oh how funny God is. We met after talking back and forth on text and emails for about a month. He tried to hug me upon our first meeting, I was not such a good hug recipient then.



2. I sometimes sleep with 3 teddy bears at night. I know I'm almost 32, but my best friend gave them to me when I lost my triplets. They are the sweetest, softest, most beautiful teddy bears ever. When I miss holding my babies so bad I can feel them in my arms, I pick up the teddy bears and sqeeze them tight. They have been covered in many, many tears.



3. I am obsessed with heaven as of late. Reading every book I can get my hands on and listening intently to every sermon I find about it. It's more fascinating now than ever.



4. I LOVE Christmas, but am very adament about giving every holiday it's amble time to be celebrated, so I refuse to listen to Christmas music, or decorate for Christmas until Thanksgiving is over. EVEN though it's so tempting to cheat sometimes, my OCD won't let me! I'd tell on myself!



5. I sometimes answer my home phone the same way I answer my work phone. So much so, that one time I got so confused, I was on a tech call at home for something and in giving my phone number for them to reach me at I proceeded to give my work number. I may have work on the brain. Good thing I love my job!



6. I ONLY watch reality tv. Until this year I made the exception for "New Girl"...seriously funny show. But I can't stand sitcoms, dramas...etc (other that Friends of course!)



7. Speaking of "Friends"....I will do something sometimes, and be able to refer back to an episode of friends, like "isn't that so Joey to do?" Or "remember when they did that in the episode of Friends..." (I was tempted in my last blog post to say I felt like joey with the use of the "quotes") :o)



And now the 15 ladies I would like to nominate for the "Tell Me About Yourself Award...Your Blog is Great" are (do I even have 15 blogs I could nominate!?) All of these I follow regularly
































2 comments:

Heather said...

I love me some Friends too. And reality TV :). If we do get to meet this side of Heaven, I think we could have a lot of fun together!

As for the links, when you are typing your post, you highlight the text that you want to link (right click and scroll over the text). Then click on the little green world w/ the paperclip on it in the tool bar at the top of your post. A little box will pop up and you type that actual URL in the box and hit ok. That should make it linky.

My name is Heather. said...

haha, i will refer to that. i did it probably 10 times, and just gave up and did it the old fashioned way.