Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sawdust

If you have been following, last Tuesday I had an endoscopy done to test to see if I had Celiacs. The dr stated to call on Monday or Tuesday for the results of the test. So, Tuesday morning I called the office where the secretary said the note in my file says that the results are still pending. She then stated that when the dr gets the results she will send a letter about them, she will not call. Ok, but why did she say to call for results then? Well, the secretary didn't know. So I assumed I wouldn't know results until at least next Monday if I needed to wait for my dr to read my results, write up a letter, AND send it snail mail to my house. I thought this was the 21st century and telephones were invented?! To my surprise, while laying on the couch resting with my husband yesterday evening, I got a phone call from...surprise!...my dr. She said that the results were in and I needed to start the gluten-free diet, and by gluten-free, strictly gluten-free. She said I could come in and talk to her about the diet if I wanted, and I declined. No thanks, I don't need to pay ANOTHER copay for her to tell me what I already know about my new diet. So, I decided I would start Saturday since I really NEED to go to Delmonico's one last time and Friday night is the only time we have free to do that. Unfortunately, my niece's birthday is Saturday and that means no cake for me!

SO, if anyone out there has great gluten-free recipes, please let me know. I'm open to anything. My mother has celiacs, so she has a lot too, but I wouldn't mind some fresh, new, fun recipes!

3 comments:

Krysten said...

good luck with the new diet. wegmans has a whole recipe section online: https://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&productId=671024&catalogId=10002&krypto=QJrbAudPd0vzXUGByeatog%3D%3D&ddkey=http:ProductDisplay hopefully that works for you.

My name is Heather. said...

thanks.

a:nette said...

Allison (of the infamous Stan & Allison duet) asked for your email cuz she wanted to share some info with you. She was dx with celiacs and dairy/casein intolerance. She's been hardcore, and no-so hardcore during/after her pregnancy with Matthew. She mentioned to me tonight that she has to stop eating these things again cuz her symptoms are coming back strong. :( Boo. Anyway, she just has some info she thought she would share! Talk to ya later! xox