Friday, August 31, 2012

The Triplet's 1st Birthday (part 1)

There is too much to write about, and too many pictures I want to share to post everything in one. I don't have the time to sit and write one long post, and most people don't have the time to read one that long. Bear with me as I break the weekend leading up to their birthday, and their birthday, down into a couple posts. My husband is working nights this weekend, so I should have some free time, though my daughter has just come down with Hand Foot and Mouth, so she's a bit on the needy side right now.

The weeks leading up to the triplet's birthday were filled with anxiety. My husband had oral surgery, so I was worried he would still be in pain and the birthday wouldn't go as I had "planned". I didn't have time to do all the things I wanted to do during the week, so I thought I was running out of time. I was scared of how I would feel and if I could be "present" for my family, or if I would be a ball in my bed unable to move. A lot of anxiety. A lot.  My husband started to feel better though, and I started to be able to plan and do all I needed to do.

Saturday morning we went shopping as a family to pick out the gifts we were going to give to the families of the first 2 boys and first girl born on August 28th. We had fun picking out little baby items, and Claire absolutely adored all things baby. We picked out coordinating bags to the colors that were the triplet's blankets. I picked out a pink, blue and green bag to stuff all the gifts in. After Claire woke up from her nap we sorted all the gifts and Claire helped pack them up. Here's a few pics:


 the goodies

 "this is the green one right mom?"

 crumpling the tissue paper

 my proud little helper

 too cute not to share!

packed and ready to go!

On Sunday, we did a lot of odds and ends to get ready. I had to paint the memorial stone over because Malia's name had faded so much. After Claire's nap we painted a rock for our rock garden.

 painting our rock

 "cheese"

such concentration!

I finished up the hats to donate to the memory boxes. Monday morning my husband had a follow up at the dentist, so Claire and I went to pick up the cupcakes I had a bakery make for the hospital for the nurses to thank them as well as have them celebrate the birthday of our babies. They were beautiful. Perfect. Amazing.



 Nathan's cupcakes

 Malia's cupcakes

 Anthony Jr's cupcakes

They turned out beautiful!

I had to go pick up more cupcakes (gluten free ones) from a friend of mine who made them for me. She's a fantastic baker and decorates them wonderfully as well. She also made some hats for the babies memory boxes for parents. 

Monday after Claire woke up from her nap we took the cupcakes, the gifts for the babies, and the donations for the memory boxes up to the hospital. I didn't know what to expect, and I was a bit nervous that I was going to cry or chicken out, or something. We first went to the wrong floor. One thing about the hospital is I do think their labeling of floors and such is terrible. There are not very many signs on the way to where you are going. We got up there, found the nurse manager we were put in contact with and she was very "unhelpful". She pawned it off on another nurse to show us where to take our stuff. She didn't get up to greet us, say thanks, nothing. I was pretty disappointed in that. I didn't want much, but a little effort on her part would have been nice. The nurse that did get up to help was sweet. We talked briefly about what I wanted done with the bags, and the donations. I thanked her and the other nurses for all they do, and we turned around and walked out. We went out to dinner and had a wonderful night. The 27th was the day that we went to the hospital. It was the day that Nathan died. It was the start of the nightmare. We tried to make it beautiful though. 

That brings us to Tuesday, Augutst 28th. The triplets birthday. That is for another post. I need to get to bed. 


2 comments:

Dawn said...

Thank you for sharing about such a significant time for your family. What a beautiful, generous way to give back to those around you in honor of the triplets. Looking forward to reading the rest but know you have quite a bit going on right now. Love you.

Heather said...

What a sweet thing to do in their memory. Happy Angelversary, sweet babes! You are VERY loved and missed!