Saturday, November 24, 2012

Giving Thanks

This year Thanksgiving was small. My family was all spread out, and so was my husband's this year. It was the smallest one we've had yet, with just 7 of us. I sat and watched the parade in the morning with my daughter and my mother. My daughter got excited and jumped around singing and dancing to every band and number that performed. I think she'll share in the excitement every year for the parade. So thankful for that. Eventually, her excitement died down though and she went outside with her daddy to "do work". My mother followed to go play with her. I was sitting on my couch, in my pajamas, watching the parade without interruption. I was very thankful. There were a few times I teared up throughout the morning, different songs or things I would see that would make me think of Anthony Jr, Nathan, or Malia. After the parade Claire had lunch and went down for a nap. The cooking frenzy began, and took a few hours. My sister and her kids came over and that was everyone. We visited while Claire slept, I finally got a chance to jump in the shower. I am very thankful for showers. It's my "get-a-way". Hot Hot Hot water. Quiet. Just me, my thoughts, and Dominic. I prayed and thanked God for all He's brought us through and all He's blessed us with in this last year. I made my way downstairs to finish up the food and it was time to eat. I love the food on Thanksgiving. All my favorite foods at one time. So so so so so delish! After dinner was dessert. I love dessert. Let's just be real, I love food. Suddenly, it was late. Time to put Claire to bed. My sister and her kids left to go start their shopping. My mother went to bed early. It was my husband and I snuggled on the couch watching t.v at the end of a busy day. Thankful when we have those moments together, alone. Que emotions. A point in the show where a baby was born, and the baby wasn't breathing. The fear and pain in the parents eyes was terrible acting. Not even close to what you really feel, really look like looking at your child lying there not breathing. The tears flowed more. Time for bed. I couldn't sleep. I ended up on my couch around 3 and just played around on the computer trying to get exhausted enough to go to sleep. It was after 5 and I was still awake. I tried going to sleep again. It was too hard. My mind wouldn't shut off. My emotions wouldn't shut off. I finally fell asleep around 7 for a couple of hours. Thankful my husband let me sleep in a bit and he took care of things in the morning.

Overall, my day went much better than the anxiety leading up to it. Thankful that God was my peace and my strength for the day.

1 comments:

Krista said...

Glad it was a peaceful day for you. I often find the anticipation to be much worse than the event itself. What a nice husband to let you sleep in after your restless night. Sometimes those emotions have a way of creeping up on you. Good thing you have great support.