I'm not so sure how I feel about celebrating with extended family tomorrow. Originally, we were planning on either being on bed rest, or having preemie newborns. We weren't planning on doing Thanksgiving. It becomes an unnecessarily stressful holiday when there are too many cooks in the kitchen. My mother-in-law decided to come into town. Ok, so we'll do Thanksgiving with my husband's side of the family. Then, the husband decides he wants to do EVERYTHING. This is no longer a stress-free holiday. I am trying to roll with the punches, but it's not easy. Plans change every 10 minutes, and I'm anxious enough. I don't want to be around anybody, but if I have to be, I need stability. I need a constant. I need familiarity. I need support, I need gentleness, and I need a spirit of encouragement and love, not sarcasm, insults, and "joking". It's not the time for it. Not this year. I'm trying with every fiber of my being to be thankful for so many things this year. It's so easy to go into default mode and be bitter, angry, sad. I don't want to be there, but it takes work. And it takes a very peaceful environment. So far, not working. I am praying for peace, almost every second. Tomorrow can't get over fast enough. I just want to sit in a room with my daughter and watch the parade. No interruptions, no nonsense. And when it's over, go to sleep. Think that could happen? Doubtful.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment