Tuesday, December 15, 2009

So sue me...

It's been a long time since I last posted. I know. I can't help it. In the last post I noticed I wrote about how I thought things were turning around with being sick. Boy was I wrong. We are at just over 17 weeks right now, and I'm still sick. The last week has been the best I've had yet though. So do I dare say now that I think things may be turning around? In the past few months there's been a hospital visit, Dr visits, weight loss, lots of laying on my couch feeling useless as my husband does EVERYTHING around the house....it's been slightly miserable. I say slightly because my baby is doing wonderful through all this, and is healthy, and very active. I just have a few side effects. I'll take it though. Every last one. I won't lie, it gets hard sometimes. I feel like I can't do it much longer, and then I have a non-sick day, and I'm so happy to have this baby. I feel so blessed that after all we went through, in the grand scheme of things, some couples go through way more, with less than exciting results. For that, I thank God every morning that He chose us to be able to carry this baby and parent this child. What an amazing gift.

We have our ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby on Wednesday the 23rd. We will have them seal it in an envelope though and place it in our stocking to open on Christmas morning. The best Christmas present has been this child, so what better than to find out if our child will be a boy or girl on Christmas! We are so excited. My husband gives me the countdown every evening. He is so adorable. I tease (though I think it is going to come true more and more each day) him that after this child is born, I will never be able to hold and snuggle him or her because my husband won't share. He will be the best daddy ever. I can't wait to see him with our baby. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

We are almost half way through this pregnancy. So far, I've had a slight weight loss, nothing terrible. The Dr said she isn't going to worry until we are at 20 weeks. If we don't start gaining then, she will begin to do some tests to figure out why. She did say that some people just don't gain any weight while pregnant and their babies are perfectly fine. I volunteer to be that person! Heck yes! As long as my child is healthy and receiving everything he/she needs, bring on the "no weight gain"!

We have taken one picture on my belly since this all began. My husband bugged me for weeks to take pictures, but I told him, if you had the flu and I kept bugging you to pose and smile for me so I could take a picture, I think you would punch me. Well, no one wants to take a picture when they feel like they are close to death's door. I told him now that I'm feeling better, we can take a picture every week if he wants, and believe me, he wants! I will post the pic soon. It's of 16 weeks. I seemed to have popped this past week as the sweater I wore to church last Sunday is now become a belly shirt for me.

I will try to keep this updated more. I really will, but if it's anything like the first 17 weeks, I may not be on for a while. So sue me!

3 comments:

Krysten said...

glad baby is doing well and you're feeling a little better! i knew a woman who puked every day all day through her pregnancy and lost 28 lbs! insane.

and that is a GREAT way to find out the sex of the baby, what a neat idea!
hope all keeps going well and improving!

Amy said...

Glad you're doing well and am hoping this is the end of the worst for you.

But I can tell you from experience that weight gain doesn't really matter ( I was in the no weight gain past 20weeks club too).... even if you gain next to no weight you'll still look and feel huge. And people will still tell you ALL the time how big you are. Your body will just redistribute it. Love the bump, cherish it. You waited a while for it and its your chance to show it off to the world. I'm going to miss mine soon.

Jess said...

what a beautiful story you have here, heather. i am so thrilled for you and your husband! what a special way to find out the sex! i will admit that i am a bit jealous that i have to wait a week later until the 30th because here in the netherlands, they do the ultrasound precisely at 20 weeks. i hope you and your husband have a wonderful and blessed christmas and that you begin to feel better soon! i am still not 100% either so i totally understand where you're coming from. but...it's all worth it...i just keep reminding myself. :)