Ok, so it's been a really long time since I've blogged. Every time I think to write about something, my pictures are on another computer, or I just don't have the ambition, or creativity to be able to sit down and write so it makes sense. Lots has been going on since I last wrote. Summer is now over, but that is more than ok with me. I LOVE the fall. It's my favorite season. I love the cool days, the changing of the leaves, the back to school feeling. Every year around this time I get the itch to return to school and get my masters. Good thing it's just an itch! I quickly remember that I barely have enough "me" time as it is, and with homework and classes, I would kiss that time goodbye. so I itch it and move on.
For about the last 4 and a half weeks my husband has been in a lot of pain in his upper back, neck area. After many chiropractic adjustments, and a few visits to the dr, he finally got an MRI last week. We went in to see the dr. yesterday morning. It turns out he has disc degenerative disease. It sounds worse than it is. Apparently, 80% of Americans have it, it just isn't painful to everyone. Well, he now has to go to physical therapy and learn how to minimize flare ups. Hopefully, he can return to work in the next few weeks. Good thing for firemen, they get as much paid time off as they need when they are injured!
I have been busy decorating and putting some finishing touches on the house the past few months. We are almost finished with everything on the first floor, and just have a few things we want to do to the rooms on the second floor. This winter we will be working on the basement, carpet, electrical outlets, drywall, and paint. We aren't totally finishing it just yet, but since drywall and electrical won't be too expensive, we figured we might as well do it now so the kids have somewhere to play.
You can go to faber homes website and look on the virtual tours, and if you type in either our address or the type of house (marcell), you can see some of our decor. the clock on the wall we made, and the tapestry over the couch we made. I am working on the decor over my kitchen cabinets. I just finished the plates, now I am waiting to find the perfect strand of cranberry beads to loop in my glass vase I bought. I can't wait for the finished product. http://http//homesite.obeo.com/viewer/default.aspx?tourid=497118&refURL=http://www.faberhomes.com/index.cfm?method=OurCommunities.ModelDetail&CommunityID=2&modelID=39&InventoryHomesID=0&locale=en-US (try this)
Last but not least, we are going to our great friend's house on saturday down in the southerntier. Jaina is already 3 months old, and I can't believe I haven't seen her in over 6 weeks! We are going to spend the day at Peek 'n Peak Resort. They have a fall festival going on and we will get to ride the ski lift to look at the fall foulage, and ride in horse drawn buggy rides. I am so excited I can't even stand it. I feel like this week is dragging I am so elated about Saturday. Can you tell how much I love the fall now?!
Ok, so now that this has been all over the place, I am done. I will try to post pics of our trip on Saturday as soon as I can. Hope everyone is enjoying this season. I know I am!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
so 3 months might be a little long...
Posted by My name is Heather. at 12:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
It is about time!! I mean how ELSE was i going to see you house? thank god for virtual tours :)
Post a Comment