Friday, November 30, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Well, I started this blog thinking that I would faithfully write in it weekly, if not more than that. Apparently, I was mistaken. I seem to not have time to write anything down, and when I do, I can think of nothing that is worthy of noting. Well....not this time!!! Anthony and I are building a house in Chili to be done before our wedding. We have been very excited, getting to pick out everything from where they will dig the hole, to what kind of plumbing will go into the house, to the color of siding and the roof. It's been so much fun. For a little background, a friend of Anthony's and his family are building 4 lots down, and a friend of this guy already lives in the development. We were originally supposed to break ground in December, but got a call the Wednesday before Thankgiving that they would break ground on Wednesday the 28th. We were so excited!!! I couldn't believe it was all coming to head and we would actually be starting all this process we've been talking about for so many months. Tuesday morning, Anthony got a phone call from his friend who's building down the road from us saying that they are digging our basement as they speak. What?!? Apparently, the guy who already lives in the development called Anthony's friend to tell him, and he in turn called us. Already, neighbors watching out for us! I thought a new neighborhood would come with SOME privacy!!! We dropped what we were doing to go check it out. It was so awesome. Yesterday the finished the basement, and we got to go check that out as well. It was so fun and exciting to watch. Here's a few pics:














This is our lot, pre-hole
















This is the view of the front, garage left.















This is a view of them dropping in one of
our Superior Walls.
More pics to come as the house gets built. It's pretty exciting for us. A step closer to our wedding day, and our new family!

0 comments: