It has been a pretty busy past 9 weeks! My daughter is here! She came on May 28th, at 5:23am. She is 2 months old today, and I feel like she was just born yesterday. I haven't had a minute to blog though. She is beautiful, and so amazing, but very hard right now. She has severe acid reflux, and colic. Each week brings a bit of improvement. We are waiting for that "miraculous" 3 month mark that everyone says it goes away. She refuses a pacifier, and YES, we have tried many kinds, yet she will suck on her blankets, my shoulder, my arm, anything that is near her mouth that ISN'T meant to be sucked on. She also fights the bottle like it's trying to harm her. If I am anywhere in the room, or if she's even seen me in the previous minutes, you can forget it. She won't do it. She is one stubborn little miss.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Long overdue
I believe part of the crying is definitely a hot temper that my part Italian part German daughter has unfortunately inherited. We will be laying hands and praying over her very soon! I keep telling her, if this continues in a year, she will be receiving many spankings. Don't say I didn't warn you!
We have a pretty wonderful routine down. She's been a great sleeper since she was 2 weeks old, that's never been a problem. Awake time was always the problem. She only gets up once in the night, between 2:30 and 4, depending on when she finally falls asleep at night, and then is up between 5:30 and 7am for a bit. She wakes up so happy, smiling, talking, playing. I love those times. It lasts about a 1/2 hour and then she's so hungry. She eats, plays some more and eats again around 9, this time, she is swaddled though. I have learned very quickly, if my child isn't swaddled, she will NOT sleep more than 15 minutes. I swear, she's going to be a year and still swaddling! Let's not go there just yet! After this feeding, she will sleep for 3 hours!!! It's an incredible nap, and it's like clockwork. I only wish I was home for it to sleep right along with her. She wakes up happy and ready to play for about 1/2 an hour again before she is hungry. She eats, and after being up for about an hour and a half, is down again for another 2 - 3 hour nap. You could almost set your watches to her naps. It is wonderful. After that though, you can forget it. No more naps for the day. She wakes up a beast from that nap, eats, cries, eats, cries, maybe plays for a little while with mommy and daddy, and then cries some more. At 8:30/9pm we go up for a bath. She LOVES her baths, smiling, giggling, playing. So content. I'm thinking of putting her in the bathtub around 4pm and not taking her out til she's going to bed at night. Honestly, I am. In her bath is where I can get her to take her medicines without crying, I also get her to eat 2 tablespoons of cereal with 2 ounces of milk. She's been doing this since 4 weeks. I hate that she's on cereal already, but it helps with keeping the food in her stomach that the acid is always wanting to push back up. I nurse her one last time around 9:30 and she's out again for the night til 2:30/3:30ish. I love that she loves her schedule, and I love that she is so easy to be on a schedule already. I know some people take a long time to find a schedule for their baby. Claire just kinda made her own, and I stick with it. Only downfall to the scheduled life is it makes my days go by super fast, and that only means my baby girl gets one day older a lot faster than I would like.
She is the most amazing gift Anthony and I have ever received though, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I even think that a sister or brother is possible now. If you had asked me right after giving birth, and again when we first got home and didn't know what was wrong with Claire, I would have told you otherwise. She was close to being an only child!
Posted by My name is Heather. at 11:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment