Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I am not as quick at posting as some...;o)

This past friday, Anthony and had our first tradition as a married couple of decorating our home for Christmas. We had a few decorations already (and by we I mean me), and we went out and bought a few new ones to complete the Christmas "touch". We decorated the house while listening to Christmas music til almost 2am. While we were outside wrapping the columns on our porch in red ribbon and hanging giant red and silver ornaments, we looked across the street and our neighbors were out setting up their Christmas decorations as well. We thought we were the only crazy ones decorating into the wee hours of the night! Here are a few pictures of the decorations:


Our Nativity set


Our basket of cinnamon pinecones


Our balcony in the foyer


Our stairway



Our front porch/door

And last but not least, the front door...



Now I know this is getting a little long, but I would like to share one more part of our Christmas decor...my most favorite part..the Christmas tree! We went and got our tree last night, and decorated it tonight. I am so excited to have a real tree, it's been so long. I had so much fun picking out just the right one, setting it up, trimming it, and then putting the finishing touches on it. Here are some pictures of it:










And just for kicks...



May your holiday season be a blessed one, from our family to yours!

2 comments:

kelly elizabeth said...

Everything looks great!! But i do think it needs a few purple and blue bulbs on that tree hehehe. Also, i love the pine cones!

My name is Heather. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.